5 things I've loved this Wedding Season

It's been a challenge for me to narrow it down to 5 things if I'm honest, every wedding that I'm involved with see's me saying "I wish I'd done this" - unfortunately it's an occupational hazard. Trends change and Brides (&Grooms) bring their own spin to the traditional stuff. I was in the mood for a rambly post so I thought I'd share the 5 things (trends, favours, colour schemes etc) that I have loved this season.




1) Hessian and Lace
Quite a few of the weddings I've been involved with this year have had a Hessian sash on their chairs and runner on the table. I've also seen table decorations made up lots of different sized jars filled with flowers - with a band of lace wrapped around the jar. It's so understated and neutral, I think it would suit the existing decor of any reception venue. If we were to ever renew our vows - this is the style that I'd go for.

2) DIY handmade favours
The wedding favours that I loved the most this year was a little pot of homemade Jam the Bride and her Mother had been busy making in the run up to the wedding. They'd even had labels made with the Bride & Groom's name and the date of the wedding. 

3) Hydrangeas
I'm not a flower person; when I was planning our wedding I told the florist that I wanted "purple flowers" and let her suprise me on the day. But I've adored the pink/lilac/blue of the Hydrangeas, they tie in really well with the Hessian and Lace theme. I'm not sure how they would hold up in a Brides bouquet but they look lovely as centrepieces.

4) Mix and Match Bridesmaid's dresses
I haven't worked in a wedding with mis matching Bridesmaid dresses, but I've seen plenty of pictures from all the wedding blogs that I follow. Whether it's the same style of dress and each Bridesmaid wears a different shade of the same colour; or one colour and fabric but each Bridesmaid wears a different style dress that suits them.

5) Photo Booths
We had a DIY version of this with at our evening reception, we used the Starlight backdrop and the photographer took really informal photo's of us with friends/ family - they fill the last page of our wedding album. But now technology has moved on and there are actual Photo Booths which print out your photo's instantly for your guests to take home as a momento, and there are some hilarious props that come as part of the package too.

So that's a round-up of the 5 things I have loved the most this wedding season. I'd love to know what are yours?


10 comments

  1. Wow, interesting post!! I loved reading this post. These changed wedding trends are so interesting like gifts, dresses, decorations etc. I am planning a wedding at Malibu wedding venue. Your inspirational post really helps me in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask their proposals. Calendar gatherings with no less than three exceedingly verified experts/organizers in the wake of looking at their sites and seeing their work. wedding program catholic mass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! Soul Desire wedding music

    ReplyDelete
  4. When hiring a san diego party rentals you should make sure that the person you have hired knows exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could mean certain months of the year, certain days of the week or even certain times of the day. You can easily negotiate to secure cheap wedding venues during the off-season period when the business is not as competitive.Pixelicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have the bride and groom choose their wedding date as soon as possible. Everything needed to be in place for that date has to be scheduled and confirmed before any other plan can be completed.
    krikstynu fotografas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brides are likewise taking a gander at their wedding shoes as a chance to flaunt their identity, not only something to wear on their feet. With that in mind, we are seeing brides wearing metallic shoes, splendidly hued shoes (particularly red), and even panther print shoes.briall hair headband

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most wedding cake vendors will have a portfolio of photographed wedding cakes for you to examine their past work, and to select a cake that matches your tastes.결혼정보회사

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whether it's at the beach or in your own backyard, our wedding reception centerpiece ideas will come in handy as you plan your outdoor wedding.couple seeking men

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments